Wow I finally have some down time to write. The day started very early at 4am to make my flight at 6:30am pst. I finally made it to Las Vegas and was just a little behind to make my shuttle, Brandi met me at the baggage claim so she was kind enough and waited for my suitcase so I could go to the little ladies room, I as you know am not drinking pop so I had a lot of water today. So I get back to Brandi and no suitcase and my flight info went away so I thought oh no they lost my luggage and Brandi said sometimes they'll take it and set it aside and yes mine was next to the office so we made our way to the shuttle and their was a couple who were also going to the ridge Lacey and Greg from Houston such a cute couple.
The day was high clouds some blue skies a little windy but NO rain. The drive from LAS Vegas was beautiful however the van has these little polka dots on the side windows and you can not look out and see much at all however, looking thru the front window was incredible. The driver told us how they had to blast the mountain to build the road, that was amazing.
As we were almost to the ridge CNBC left me a message that I was suppose to text them when we were 10-15 minutes away. So we arrive and the van needs to make a loop in the parking lot so they can record us arriving and getting out of the van, thru the check in and up to my room and they were just leaving and going to let me finish unpacking and my roommate arrives, Merinda who is from California and is also staying for 4 weeks and she is SUPER nice. We get to meet for the first time as they are recording.
I got weighed and measured at 4 and I must say the BMI number surprised me so I have a lot of work ahead of me. Dinner was at 5:30 followed by orientation. We had to go around the room and introduce ourselves and the guest who have been here gave us some advice. I loved how they said take one day at a time. You may not be able to do things today but you will be in following days. Not to compare ourselves and everyone wants to get something different out of their journey. It was really very inspirational. There is a couple here from England.
We had Chicken, Squash and Green Beans for 310 calories an Key Lime Pie for dessert 122 calories. Dinner was good I was starved after traveling all day. OK the squash was missing something some kind of spice it was kinda bland.
It is 8:46pm and 5:00am comes pretty early tomorrow. It is really hard to believe I'm here. Thank you honey for the opportunity. Miss you all and will see you all soon.
The scenery looks great! It kinda looks like you're in the middle of no where. One day at a time sounds like good advice. Let the journey begin!
ReplyDeleteThe spice that is missing is SALT!! lol :)j/k
ReplyDeleteYou've been on my mind all weekend Janet - one day at time and yes, let the journey begin! Work hard and stay positive.
ReplyDelete"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phil 4:13
Hugs,
Sue
Enjoy your journey, I will be following.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you, Janet! Can't wait to read all of your updates.
ReplyDeleteDonna
Janet, thanks for your blog! I have one, too, and will be there 2/21 to 2/28...can't wait to meet you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Sis. Sounds like your on your way. Have fun, and tale it one day at a time, like they say. Mom Says, good luck, love and miss you and bring back some good info!!! Love your lil bro, Mikey
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the great comments. It is sometimes as they repeated today one class at a time. Kay I look forward to meeting you too. I really appreciate the comments. Thanks again an good night.
ReplyDelete