Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 1 - I survived



Monday day 1 I survived. Where do I begin. My schedule for today was.
6am intro to circuit
7:00am Breakfast Frittata and assorted fruit. I was hungry however, the smell of it was kinda of different but I knew I had to eat it to keep up my strength and I now know I can ask for whole wheat toast or cereal and almond milk in place of it. Some people really liked it.
8:00 hike
The stop sign hike. You ask what is that Every Monday and Saturday everyone walks 4.3 miles up a paved trail and then a I'm assuming like County Road to a stop sign. They time you and on Saturday you have to try and improve your time. - I am so glad I prepared for this. I walked it in under 1 hour and 30 minutes. I had such a great feeling of accomplishment.
11:15 We had a choice of pool or Mountain - I choose Mountain since Pool was on schedule again for later in the day. OMG You are on either elliptical, bike or treadmill and you start at a level and incline and every 3 minutes you increase one or both of them and you do this 12 times. I was on the treadmill By the time I got to 11 I thought I was going to drop my heart rate was super high. My neighbors on both sides of me cheered me on and I did it. After the hike I was shocked we had to do this.
12:45 Lunch This tasted good to me. Carrot Soup, Bean and Rice burrito and a salad.
1:15 Lecture on budgeting calories and I liked how they use debt, income and expenses to compare to calorie consumed and calorie burn with weight loss.
2:00 stretching basics
2:30 Circuit Training - You start on a aerobic machine for 2 minutes then switch to weight machine for 2 minutes and you do this for the entire class and they encourage you to push pass what you think you can.
3:30 Step N Pump - On a step Not the same kind of step class I'd ever taken before. Muscles burn that I didn't know I had.
4:30 Pool - Oh I thought oh good pool easy uh no, was I wrong first you put on these webbed looking gloves like duck feet and you use a noodle and we swam and then we did all kinds of running jumping jacks and what ever else to keep our heart rate up and then the best part of the day I sat in the hottub afterwards.
5:45 Dinner - Super Delicious d Salmon Burger and vegetables.
6:15 Lecture - I missed it because I was interviewing with CNBC to tell them how my first day went. I signed up for this and I did it. If I can do this so can anyone else. It wasn't easy either that is for sure.

I encourage anyone who is signed up for BLFR to become more active. What I wasn't prepared for how hard they push you in the classes. The trainers are so good they kicked my can. The people who are here are so encouraging to you. When you want to give up they pump you feel of yes you can do this, body over mind.
I am looking forward to hiking off road tomorrow. I am extremely tired and I'm ready for bed. Good night Pics are from being on the hike and dinner.

My calorie burn was 4767 today
Calories eaten was 1074

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's a full day Janet! AND YOU DID IT!!! You go girl. "I am a person of action. I seize this moment. I choose now!" From Andy Andrews book - Time Travelers Gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! You are a wild woman!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! Keep it up. I am glad I am working out now to get ready.

    ReplyDelete