Wednesday, February 24, 2010

3rd Ravine Hike




Wednesday 6am class always brings Yoga, the only difference I can see in the class is my balance is getting better, it's almost comical I'm sure if you were watching me in class because the instructor will say jump your feet out and my hands go up and my feet are planted, it doesn't help that I already have put body glide on my feet so I keep my tennis shoes on so I don't slip on the mats in my socks.
Today's Hike was 3rd Ravine oh it was so beautiful we had to climb up and over rocks the incline was pretty steep at times but the view was incredible looking across over to the red rocks. We went in a cave that was pretty awesome, hung from rocks as you can see in the picture.
After the hike today we had a choice between pool and circuit and I choose circuit.
Circuit class to me goes really fast.
After lunch the third weekers had the opportunity to go to Albertsons to learn how to shop. Some of my notes: Find the entrance closest to the fruits and vegetables, Don't go hungry, Have a plan, Perimeter shop, you want to try and get 5 ingredients or less in foods, your shopping cart should be like your plate 1/2 fruit and veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs. Healthy people shop 2-3 ays shopping because they buy fresh and just what they need. Deli turkey is better than packaged turkey meat. Frozen is better than canned. Have measuring cups on all counters and measure everything. Eat alot of fish. No coloring added to Salmon. Turkey is much lower in fat than chicken. Careful of yogurts yoplait has too much sugar.
After that we had Mountain class, you are on a cardio machine and you start for 3 minutes after warm up, and you either increase speed, or incline (cuz I was on the treadmill today) or you can do both for 12 times and then you are done, my heart rate got up the highest I've seen it and it was 174, on the last increase I ran on an incline of 10. Then pool oh how I wish I could swim or at least kick better, I tend to get no where fast in the water. I try hard though. Kickboxing was the last class. Hit that bag...
Breakfast today was oh sausage with egg sandwich, BBQ Pizza and Beet Soup, Cafe Salad, Chocolate Sorbet with 2 raspberries. I ate 1097 calories and my calorie burn 3572. Well I need to get in the shower so I can get some rest and do it all over again tomorrow. I'm starting to get homesick. Good Night

2 comments:

  1. Janet... It is so great being here with you at the Ranch... You're so positive and encouraging and it's so nice to be a part of all of this together. Thanks for being such a great gal! You are doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet you're starting to get homesick girl! Hang in there and focus on the new beginning you get to start when you get home.
    I loved all the notes to take to the store - great advice.
    Looks like your weather has improved too.
    Onward and Upward my friend.
    Hugs to you,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete