Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tava'Atsi Ridge Hike




The picture this morning is of sunrise it was so beautiful and the hike sign.
This morning at 6am began with Hardcore - Exercises to really work your core both stomach and back. I was able to hold plank position for however long she had us hold it. Today was a day I really pushed the muscles past to the point of weak. They say this is what you want.
Breakfast was delicious - Raspberry fruit smoothie and english muffin.
I did the 101 Tava'Atsi Ridge Hike today it was mostly dirt, some rock, we climbed a couple of rocks to see Petroglyphs and we overlooked the dry river bed of the Santa Clara River. I wanted to take it a little gentle we are not suppose to say easy. I had not been on this one yet and I wanted to see the Petroglyphs however, my camera's battery died and I didn't get pictures. Maybe another time.
After the hike the pool was closed so I took Free Weight Workshop again. I'm glad I did because I was able to get my notepad and take notes and I actually videoed some of the instructions so I won't forget when I get home.
Lunch was Squash Soup, Italian Herb Tomato Sandwich with a side salad.
Afternoon class was pool, Cardio Intervals and OMG I was on the recumbent bike and I when we get to where we have 1 minute on a high resistance I was on level 18 it only goes to 20 and it was tough that is the highest I have ever had it. My quads were on fire and I tried to maintained 75rpms. So after 45 minutes of this class it was off to total toning and what is the first thing we have to do, yep SQUATS I am going to have to learn to love those darn things, muscles are very fatigued tonight and yes I am going to do it all over again tomorrow.
Dinner was Baked Penne Pasta with snap peas. Best of all was dessert - Yes it is Tuesday night, 2 Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Then it was off to phone my honey, shower, write my blog and go to bed.... Oh I did by a Caribbean Spa Cd that is very relaxing music that I have on my headphones.
Calorie Burn - The reason it is so low is because you need to reset your current weight and I have not weighed yet so it is really not accurate. I could have one of the front desk weigh me without looking and they would update my watch so I could get a accurate reading but I haven't decided. My burn was 2430 and Calories ate was 1223 today. I need my rest so I can go at it again tomorrow. I love and miss all my family and friends. Tomorrow will be exciting as we will be heading to Albertson's to get a lesson on reading food labels. Have a great Wednesday!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are getting it done. When I doubt myself, then read your blog I feel inspired that I too can do it! Thank you thank you thank you!!

    ReplyDelete