Thursday, February 25, 2010

I Believe In Me



This morning 5:00 am came so fast I did not want to wake up or get up I was so tired and it is optional to workout at 6am but if you don't you have to do the 1:30pm class so I opt to in order to get my workout in. If you have perfect attendance at all of your classes you get for your first week a t-shirt, 2nd week at bag, 3rd week a jacket and I'm so close to have it completed just 2 days!!!! I'm so glad I did the 6am class it really gets you warmed up for the hikes. This morning it was total body conditioning. Breakfast this morning was hot mueslix and fruit so I opted for the cold cereal with ALMOND milk, yep Sue I tried it. The cereal seemed like it was way more than a cup and it was so filling a mixture of Kashi go lean crunch, protein & high fiber cereal, Kashi heart to heart wild berry clusters, go lean crunch honey almond flax, quick oats and grapenuts (no wonder my system is working great) the almond milk wasn't that bad. I liked the hike from yesterday that I did it again today. I just love the different rock formations, the cave, they call bat caves and saw the rock that looked like an elephant. Stretch today after hike is so awesome. I do need to do more stretch at home that is for sure. Lunch was mushroom soup (I didn't like it) turkey sandwich and salad, yum. Pool class was refreshing today because the sun came back out and it was really nice. Ball works at 3:30 where you take those big balls and you hold it over your head what seems like an eternity and you have to do don't forget squats and twists and you don't think you have anything left and then you have treading class and if you remember you get on a aerobic machine and after warm up you go all out for 5 minutes, 5 minute recover, 4 minutes hard, 4 min rec and so on down to 1 and today she goes I have a surprise for you and it was another 1 minute and 20 second hard and then when we were done she goes oh that was one minute and 25 seconds. The workouts are done for another day. Dinner tonight was stuffed bell peppers with turkey and couscous, very dry, filling and not that bad, just took a long time to eat. Calories ate today 1,091 Calorie burn was 3,205. Time to shower and get ready for bed. Miss you all.

5 comments:

  1. Janet, Just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your blog (often it is the first of the 7 people writing from the ridge now. Keep up the good work, I hope Jerica goes on a few of the more senic hikes next week. She seems to be spending most of her time now on the stop sign hike. Take care and have a good weekend. Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEW! That's what I felt like after reading about your day! Kudo's to making that 6 AM class. I didn't realize those were optional.
    I love the first picture looking out over the edge, it's a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mind over matter with the almond milk Janet, so glad you tried it - must feel good to try so many new things in a short amount of time.
    I read everything you do in one day and have to say - WOW - that's a lot for one day! I get my butt to Zumba and dance for an hour and feel like I've really stepped it up, so you go girl! I'm sure you're feeling better and you look FABULOUS! Keep up the good work and next time we'll see you wearing your rewards - 6am rewards and more! You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing awesome, Janet! I can't get over how much exercise you are doing. I think you will be able to lift up cars when you get home! Keep up the good work.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Paulette, Jerica is doing so well you should be proud to have done such a great job raising a super nice daughter. I have actually hiked the last couple of days on the same hikes she went on. The views here are incredible. Sue I am so proud of you for going to Zumba. I love Zumba I did it at home for a month and I'm looking forward to it when I get home. Donna, I'm not that strong. Thanks all of you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete