Thursday, February 18, 2010

Injuries are no fun



WOW today has been very frustrating for me since I have my leg taped for a knee and my shin splint is killing me right now. So I am learning patience. I did not intend to only work at 50% capacity while here.

Today's calorie burn was only 2,561
Calories intake is 1,088
Breakfast was Egg Sandwich and fruit
Lunch - Greek Pita and French Onion Soup
Dinner - Stuffed Chicken and Wildrice
Dessert - Peach Cobbler

I truly took it easy today. The day began on Total Body Conditioning at 6am
then Breakfast after that I went on the Hidden Pinyon hike. I was able to do my own pace and still keep with the group which was really nice but then by the end we had to walk back to the van on the paved trail and that did not sit well with my leg. So 11:15 class I rode the recumbent Treading class I rode the recumbent, 3:30 in the pool doing mostly arm workouts.
The one picture is of me on top of what they call grand piano and the other pic is our Greek Pita we had. Thanks for all of your comments and I'll try to answer all the questions.

6 comments:

  1. Janet, you look fabulous already! Please be very careful with your knee and shins. Better to take it a little easy now than to keep you sidelined the rest of your stay. You are doing amazing. It must be very exhilirating to realize just what you are truly capable of!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that you are doing awesome and such an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work, I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking fantastic! I admire your perseverance! You are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture of you Janet!
    So sorry to hear you had a rotten day - hope today is better.
    "one day at a time" or so they say...
    Here's a good quote to go on for today -
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."
    ralph waldo emerson
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you anywhere near Bryce Cannon? I was sharing your pictures with a friend of mine and she had been there a couple of years ago and said what a beautiful area it is...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue - I guess it may be around 2 hours away not really sure. It is truly beautiful here. Thanks for the quote. I can really appreciate it. Janet

    ReplyDelete