The hike I have been waiting for since seeing all the pictures on different blogs.
The morning started out with yogalates at 6am.
Breakfast today was mueslix so I had toast. Then we left for our hike. There was 2 men and 10 women with 3 guides. We walked mostly over sandstone rocks some red sand, up and down looked out over some awesome cliffs. There was one rock that is called, "I DO" a bride I guess awhile ago had her picture of her wedding dress out there and ended up in brides magazine so they started calling it that. Then we headed over to the slots and the only one game enough to climb down, crawl on the sand, go to the end and back out was Garrett and myself. Tom was our guide and everyone else started headed back to the van so we had to hustle. It was super spectacular I don't know why no one else wanted to do it. I knew I had some tom boy in me.
We made it back a little late for our next class which I had was Circuit.
Lunch today was Mediterrean Pizza. 2:30 class was pool 3:30 class was kickboxing, 4:30 Mountain.
I have had kinda a bad day today because I not only have a hyperextended knee but I also have a shin split on the same leg. I went to the acupuncture lady who taped it for me so let's hopes it help so it doesn't slow my progress down. Dinner tonight I think has been about one of my favorites. Salmon, Wheat Orzo with veggies and dessert was a fruit kaboob.
I am noticing my clothes are getting baggier on me. WOOHOO
Calories burned today was 3211
Calorie intake was 1222
Good Night - I'm not sure what hike I get to do tomorrow because of my leg the trainer wants me to not pound it.
Awesome pictures. Take care of your knee and keep up the good work. We're think of you!
ReplyDeleteLuke, Sarah and Gracey: Mame misses you. I love your words of encouragement. I loved yesterday hike it was probably my favorite. Off to total body conditioning. I love you all.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great! I'm really enjoying your blog. I go there in October and am already making my packing list and everything lol. I have to ask a stupid question: everyone keeps talking about having their legs and joints "taped"...do you leave the tape on? for how long? do you shower with it?
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful there Janet! I'm so glad you are able to share pictures with us.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you are hurting - be careful - rest when you can. It's good they have so many wonderful trainers there.
Love to hear your clothes are are feeling bigger!
Woo Hoo is right!
Hope you're having another good day today.
Sue
Thanks for sharing your journey and that you are already seeing rewards! You go girl! Question for you on your knee - was it something that happened there or preexisting. I ask because both of my knees sublux/dislocate on a regular basis (I am hyperelastic) so am wondering if I should have my orthopedic or PT here show me how to wrap them myself before I go on hikes - any info would be appreciated. I don't usually have trouble on the treadmill with the knees but downhills are killers! Best of luck tomorrow and rest up!
ReplyDeleteHi Kat - I'll try to answer your question and no it is not stupid. I actually had the acupuncturist show me and she then taped my leg for my hyperextended knee and shin splint and it makes a huge difference. You can shower with it or be in the pool and it stays on for 2-3 days.
ReplyDeleteSheila - My knee is from the total body conditioning class and I knew better than to extended my leg all the way. Any medical help you can get before coming would be great. The trainers are very knowledgeable and helpful but for your own peace of mind. I agree downhills are the killers. Thanks for your comment.
ReplyDeleteOh Wow Janet... I'm so sorry that the shin splint and your knee are causing you so much difficulty. I'm in awe that you are still able to push yourself to work through the pain ~ it must be so frustrating to work so hard - then get injured. It seems like there is a very fine line between what is a healthy balance in listening to our body - and not pushing so hard we hurt ourselves. Thank you for sharing your progress - and your experience - hopefully it will help me find a balance in getting the most of my workouts without going into the "killing-snakes" mentality that can get me in trouble! I'm so sorry though for your suffering. :(
ReplyDeleteSee you Sunday!